The Action Engineering team embraces an Agile mindset & Scrum practices in our work.
This series shares tips & coaching opportunities that work well for us.
TACKLING AGILE IMPEDIMENTS
- Identifying impediments is everyone’s responsibility. Team members should communicate impediments during the Daily Stand-Up – if you don’t share your impediment with the team, you’re missing an opportunity for help and the team is missing valuable knowledge.
- Dig into the root of the impediment. Is this a one-time issue, or has it happened before? Is it likely to happen again? If the same impediment keeps popping up, there’s likely a deeper issue that should be addressed in the Retrospective.
- Keep track of impediments, including those that have been solved. Losing sight of your impediments is an impediment in itself! These can provide great insight during the Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective.
- Busting impediments is where the Scum Master shines. Identifying, tracking, and helping to resolve impediments is one of the primary responsibilities of the Scrum Master. Letting the Scrum Master step in when an impediment is out of the Dev Team’s control helps the team stay on-track and focused.
- Raising impediments is an important part of continuous improvement. This is one of the key tenants of Agile. When we understand what’s getting in our way, we can address it and perform better in the next sprint!
Send us a message!