Join us for a 3D CIC: Home Edition virtual event on May 19, 2021, to hear Evan Kessick’s approach to training GE Appliances’ supply chain.
Evan has been working with GE Appliance’s suppliers on how to transition to using Creo-View (3D viewable) from 2D. We will hear about what he has learned from coaching them through how to use the new tools. He’s trained GD&T and is now training the supply chain in GD&T with MBD. At the end of the training, the suppliers are always begging to learn more about 3D.
- Starting with Why – the reasons behind why suppliers need training
- GD&T for Machinists – how machinists & metrologists read MBD
- Considering what the next generation of software tools might look like
This story will resonate with those interfacing with supply chain, machinists who are curious about “what’s next,” and anyone who wants to see the bigger picture of MBD downstream.
Live audience Q&A will follow the presentation.
Wednesday, May 19, 2021
9:00 am Mountain ᛫ 11:00 am Eastern
The recorded session will be available in OSCAR following the live event.
Meet Evan Kessick
Implementing model-based enterprise (MBE) at GE Appliances, providing guidance and support to cross functional teams to leverage, reuse, and share MBD CAD data more efficiently across the business through machine readable requirements. Implementing QIF workflows to communicate product definition to downstream software and users, automating standard work. Defining and documenting new strategies to lean out non-value-added derivative data. Global GD&T and Tolerance Stack instructor.
- ASME Y14.5-2009 GDTP Senior Certified
- Western Michigan University – Mechanical Engineering and Mathematics
- 12+ years experience in the appliance industry and applying GD&T
- 12+ years appliance product design and engineering – Refrigeration, Laundry and Cooking products
- 7+ years teaching and mentoring GD&T and Tolerance Stacks: Corporate and EDU
Principle Engineer – Digital Enterprise
GE Appliances, a Haier Company
Action Engineering is hosting a series of free virtual events for the MBE community. These sessions leading up to 3D CIC feature industry experts, vendor interviews, and group discussions. Find out more at 3DCIC.com.