Join us for a 3D CIC: Home Edition virtual event on September 23, 2020, to hear how DBM Reflex has overcome challenges with incoming customer CAD data, use cases, and ROI considerations in the automotive industry.
DBM has discovered benefits both in CAD and in some MBE applications by using automated solutions like Elysium’s DirectTranslator and CADdoctor. Daniel Madureira shares their solutions to these questions and many more:
- How did we decide to venture into the world of CAD PDQ and “healing”?
- What challenges were making us spend hundreds of hours in redesign and reverse engineering?
- How can we use Elysium’s DirectTranslator and CADdoctor to ensure that customer requirements are met during manufacturing operations?
- Why are 3D PDFs being used as reference documents after multi-CAD translation?
- What kind of ROI can be expected and how we approached it?
- How to explain to management that 3D CAD files play a major role in turnaround times?
- What makes DBM Reflex stand out in the automotive industry?
Live audience Q&A will follow the presentation. The presentation will be delivered in English, and we invite our French- and Portuguese-speaking colleagues to join us for the Q&A as well.
Wednesday, September 23, 2020
11:00 am Mountain ᛫ 1:00 pm Eastern
Daniel Madureira writes, “I have a background in Mechanical Engineering, but I don’t like to be categorized into a specific trade. Working in the automotive industry, or in any industry for that matter, you need a lot of different skills to be able to do your work with joy and with quality. Because of this, I’m mostly self-taught. Quoting a popular movie character: “Do I look like a guy who has a plan? I just do things.” Point being, that whenever I face challenges or I venture into an unknown project I just “do things”. Sometimes you need extra skills in the CAD world, or you need to understand how to properly manage a project or a team. In other circumstances, you just know that you cannot possibly be the only person in the world that faces a specific professional challenge. Or you need to improve your skills as a public speaker. The list is virtually endless. With the amount of information easily available in the world today, my goal as a professional is to be the best I can be at what I do, and be happy at doing it. My adventure into the CAD world began almost 15 years ago, and along the way I have found great joy in this trade. Virtual tools are great, but learning from real people and sharing skills has been the best experience that I hope to continue to explore in many years to come.”
Application Specialist | Class-A Surfacing & PDQ
Annalise Suzuki is responsible for influencing the technology direction to support needs of the Americas market at Elysium. She also leads and oversees the customer engagement activity, with a depth of experience in successful foundational strategies to support model-based workflows in aerospace, high-tech, and automotive industries—ranging from CAD data quality checking, healing, validation/comparison, translation, packaging, and more. She is active among industry initiatives by serving in the following committees/organizations:
- AIAG Technical Data Package Workgroup Chair
- GPDIS (Global Product Data Interoperability Summit) Executive Council Member
- PDES Inc. Board member
- JT Open community TRB (Technical Review Board) Member
- 3D PDF Consortium member
- DMSC (Digital Metrology Standards Consortium) Member
VP of Technology & Engagement
Action Engineering is hosting a series of free virtual events for the MBE community. These sessions leading up to 3D CIC feature industry experts, vendor interviews, and group discussions. Find out more at 3DCIC.com.