Penny lets out an audible sigh as she scrolls through her phone while waiting for her drink at the local coffee shop. Her day is jam-packed with meetings with barely any time to wolf down lunch, let alone check in on the kids to ensure they’re actually involved in their virtual schooling. The only things that have kept her sane during this pandemic are her ritual of running out to grab a coffee in the mornings and training for a virtual triathlon. Penny is thankful that most of the meetings today revolved around Model-Based Definition, the newest engineering initiative at the aerospace manufacturer she works at.
As the Continuous Improvement Champion, Penny is under pressure to decrease manufacturing time and costs. She knows that MBD is the solution, but she struggles to get her organization moving in the right direction. CAD training isn’t enough, and it doesn’t stick with people. Some groups in the organization aren’t even convinced that they can give up their 2D paper drawings. On days like this, Penny feels like she’s never going to get anywhere at this rate.
Penny knows that the ideal solution would provide high-quality MBD training and reference materials for various practitioners, available on demand. But looking at her calendar for the next month, she doesn’t have time to develop it herself, and she doesn’t have enough internal resources to create it either. Penny knows there has to be a better way, so she starts to Google and stumbles across something called OSCAR….
OSCAR is an MBD knowledgebase. Throughout your organization, practitioners can go to OSCAR for trusted guidance on the what, why, and how of MBD. OSCAR supports an MBD transformation with expert training resources, and it engages cross-functional teams with content that speaks to them.
- Cost-efficient training. Video content is always available for discovery, refreshers, and onboarding.
- Compelling content for everyone. MBD is a cross-functional effort. Unlike traditional CAD training, OSCAR meets the needs of MBD consumers.
- MBD theory and CAD-specific practice. Learn Action Engineering’s CAD-agnostic methods, with practical guidance in your CAD system.
- CAD set-up guidance for MBD success. FoundationalCAD resources enable you to put training into practice today.
- Consistent, cohesive, trustworthy content. OSCAR was designed and curated to take the guesswork out of MBD. All content is based on Action Engineering’s years of experience empowering MBD adoption throughout organizations like yours.
- Expert coaching. For early subscribers, OSCAR includes an Action Engineering coaching package to support your MBD transformation.