We’re pleased to share the following new content in OSCAR:
From 10 hours to 10 minutes: A MBD Approach to PPAP
Do PPAPs cost you significant time? Learn a digital thread technique to save up to 80% of your quality planner’s time, even if you receive an engineering change.
• Creo MBD
• QIF in action
• Digital Bill of Characteristics
• Automatic updates when engineering is revised
Model-Based Definition (MBD) is 3D CAD data that is digitally authored to be used automatically by manufacturing and quality engineers and planners to speed up fabrication and inspection. Jennifer Herron, CEO of Action Engineering, the leading consulting firm for enabling MBD transformations, and Daniel Campbell, VP of MBD at Capvidia will present a practical and real-world technique using Capvidia’s software suite. Jennifer will show a real part authored in native CAD and published as QIF data to perform the dimensional element of a PPAP, including what happens when engineering revises the MBD. The combination of the QIF data and PPAP processes creates digitally traceable characteristics while processing an engineering change. Both companies are dedicated to making workers faster and more accurate by empowering them, not replacing them.
Benefits to your business are:
• Increasing product quality by eliminating human error due to manual data re-entry
• Increasing use, re-use, and automation of 3D CAD data
• Increasing product throughput during First Article Inspection activities
In this IMTS Spark session, we connect with Jennifer Herron, founder and owner of Action Engineering, an organization with more than 12 years of experience helping large and small companies achieve the benefits of MBD. Jennifer will explain how MBD has enabled improvements of 80 percent in one area alone while exploring three major topics:
- Product Definition (PD) requirements captured in 3D datasets.
- Tracing, automating, and feeding-back digital engineering changes between the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and the supply chain.
- Tracing, automating, and feeding-back inspection data that certifies that the end-item is built as specified.
Empower your Model-Based Enterprise with OSCAR.
OSCAR is an MBD knowledgebase that comprises model-based training content and foundational CAD resources for your MBD transformation.
Bring MBD within reach for your organization with engaging training backed up by expert MBD GD&T examples in native and neutral CAD.