Learn the digital workflow for CMM and X-Ray systems using Creo MBD, QIF and MBDVidia
Model-Based Definition (MBD) is 3D CAD data that is digitally authored to be used automatically by manufacturing and quality engineers and planners to speed up fabrication and inspection. Jennifer Herron, CEO of Action Engineering, the leading consulting firm for enabling MBD transformations, Daniel Campbell, VP of MBD at Capvidia, and Charlie Turch, of ZEISS Industrial Quality Solutions, will present a practical and real-world technique using Creo, MBDVidia, and a CMM with CALYPSO software from ZEISS.
Jennifer will show a real part authored in native CAD and published as QIF (Quality Information Framework) data to perform the dimensional element of a PPAP or First Article Inspection. The combination of the MBD, QIF, and CMM creates digitally traceable characteristics that increase traceability and reduce measurement planning time. This process helps companies that are dedicated to empowering their employees to be faster and more accurate.
Benefits to your business are:
- Increasing product quality by eliminating human error due to manual data re-entry
- Increasing use, re-use, and automation of 3D CAD data
- Increasing product throughput during First Article Inspection activities
- Creating digital feedback loops to bring Design and Quality silos together
- Using common digital methods between traditional CMMs and CT using MBD
- Creo MBD in action
- QIF (Quality Information Framework) in action
- Digital Bill of Characteristics in action
- Coordinate Measurement Machine (CMM) in action
- METROTOM CT Scanning in action
- Establishing feedback loops from Quality to Design
- Design engineers learning how their design requirements are realized in the fabricated part