3D CIC: Home Edition – Breaking the Reliance on Paper: Growing Pains of COVID
Wednesday, June 23, 2021
9:00 am MT ᛫ 11:00 am ET
Join us for a free 3D CIC: Home Edition virtual event.
Join us for a 3D CIC: Home Edition virtual event on June 23, 2021, to learn how Brad White is using smart and digital engineering data for manufacturing Oil & Gas products at TD Williamson.
No pain, no change! TD Williamson began their MBE journey several years ago, hitting snags along the way due to internal adoption and supplier base consumption issues. However, the pandemic put an increased focus on digital consumption of data, and that has reignited the need for greater digital connectedness. They have experienced the following pain points:
- There are complex issues related to using standards globally (ASME/ISO, Metric/Imperial)
- Onboarding to internal MBE standards and PLM/CAD environment is complex
- Integrating CAD with PLM with ERP across locations and new acquisitions is a major challenge
- Determining who owns and consumes digital data is fraught with emotion
- Figuring out how suppliers connect to their company through digital data is puzzling
This presentation dives into why people are addicted to drawings, what strategies have worked for Brad and his team, and what challenges remain. We dig into what pain points came up during COVID that drove a change away from relying solely on 2D document-based data. Brad will share his successes with 3D data and what he’s learned from being forced to make the change.
Live audience Q&A will follow the presentation.