The MBE Dictionary is a free resource that helps 3D Digital Transformation implementation teams and stakeholders create a shared understanding of terminology.
- 470+ Terms & Definitions
- 30+ Cited Industry Standards and Influential Organizations
- 70 definitions of the most common terms for 3D Digital Transformation
- QIF, ASME Y14.5, Y14.41, Y14.47 and ISO 10303 terms included
- Includes terms related to MBE, Digital Twin, Digital Manufacturing, Digital Thread, MBSE
- Includes terms from Y14.5: Datum, Datum Feature Symbol, Limits of Size, Least Material Boundary, and more
- Update from the old DAG (Defense Acquisition Guidebook) to the new DAU (Glossary of Defense Acquisition Acronyms and Terms)
- Includes important topics from DAU like: Configuration Items, Segment, Physical Configuration Audit
- Honeywell Kansas City Plant MBE Maturity Index
- Integrates with Action Engineering’s OSCAR Online Training platform to seamlessly navigate terms during instruction
About the MBE Dictionary:
The first edition of the MBE Dictionary appeared on the Action Engineering web site in May 2011. Over the past decade, the Dictionary has undergone four major revisions and has added numerous standards documents as the Industry advances. This free database of terms, definitions, and citations help support the understanding of Model-Based Definition (MBD) and the manufacturing community.
When implementation teams and stakeholders have a shared understanding of terminology, they can have the conversations that lead to successful digital transformations.
Utilize (and bookmark) the MBE Dictionary and please share it with your colleagues and community.