Turn Your Model-Based Enterprise Talk Into Action with OSCAR.
As a leader in Model-Based Enterprise (MBE), you already know that Model-Based Definition (MBD) is the key to meeting your company’s time and quality goals and staying competitive in the market, but it’s not that simple. You have an entire organization to educate, train, refresh, and onboard. Enter OSCAR…
Short for Ontology System for CAD Reuse (just OSCAR to friends) the name refers to the many facets of MBD adoption and their interconnectedness.
Learning & Materials Curated For Your 3D Digital Transformation
OSCAR is the top resource for cutting-edge training and a toolkit of materials tailored to your CAD system created and implemented by the team of experts at Action Engineering. AND OSCAR is the most cost-effective solution for your company’s 3D transformation goals.
OSCAR Streamlines Training
Conventional CAD training is inadequate, and skills degrade quickly when they’re not backed up by real-world practice. OSCAR solves this problem by providing engaging MBD training backed up by expert MBD GD&T examples in native and neutral CAD. Users learn the what, why, and how of MBD; and they have the CAD templates to put that training to practical use.
Conventional CAD training is inadequate, and skills degrade quickly when they’re not backed up by real-world practice.
OSCAR is for YOU:
- MBD Leaders
- Design Engineers
- Manufacturing Engineers
- Quality Engineers
- Supply-Chain Leaders & Procurement Specialists
What you can do in OSCAR:
- Discover MBD through training videos
- Find related content on an MBD concept
- Refresh your MBD-related CAD skills
- Download CAD models with PMI
- Find practical guidance on MBD implementation
- Check CAD best practices & MBD standards
- Onboard new teams
OSCAR users learn the what, why, and how of MBD; and they have the CAD templates to put that training to practical use.
OSCAR Helps Ease Your 3D Transition Stress
- Cost-efficient training. Video content is always available for discovery, refreshers, and onboarding.
- Compelling content for everyone. MBD is a cross-functional effort. Unlike traditional CAD training, OSCAR meets the needs of MBD consumers.
- MBD theory and CAD-specific practice. Learn Action Engineering’s CAD-agnostic methods, with practical guidance in your CAD system.
- CAD set-up guidance for MBD success. Foundational CAD templates and example models used to train MBD enables you to put training into practice today.
- Consistent, cohesive, trustworthy content. OSCAR was designed and curated to take the guesswork out of MBD. All content is based on Action Engineering’s years of experience empowering MBD adoption throughout organizations like yours.
- Expert coaching and support. If you or your team needs additional help with any of our OSCAR content (and beyond), we have your back. Contact us and together we can create a plan of ACTION.
OSCAR Content Includes:
- Video training courses for MBD authors and consumers
- Gold-standard CAD start parts in SWX, NX, and Creo
- MBD examples per ASME Y14.5-2018 as native CAD & 3D PDF
- MBD Guidelines established by Action Engineering experts
- 3D PDF templates
- Model-Based CAD Handbook, 2nd Edition (2021) (Digital Download)
- Guidance for Agile MBD implementation
- Templates for Communication and Agile Ceremonies
- Action Engineering videos and publications
CAD Toolkit: Model files for Creo, SOLIDWORKS, and NX
- Part and assembly templates (start parts)
- Part and assembly of native CAD models to facilitate early learning.
- Real-world examples of 3D models in native, derivative, and viewable formats.
- All 3D models are authored by MBD GD&T experts and reflect the very latest ASME standards.
Video Training and Content Titles Included (the short list):
- MBD Standards
- MBD Verification & Validation
- Digital Thread Single Source of Truth
- What Is a Derivative?
- MBD Schema
- Why Agile and MBD
- How to setup 3D PDFs
- How to navigate a 3D PDF
- How to use 3D PDFs
- Manufacturing Work Instructions
- Understanding the differences in 3D Product Definition, 3D Manufacturing Definition, and 3D Quality Data
- How to apply NX PMI
- How to annotate Creo PMI
- How to apply SOLIDWORKS DimXpert annotations
Sample OSCAR Content:
We are continually updating our content and providing new content. Is there something you want to see? Let us know!
What’s in development:
- Inventor files
- NX PMI Settings
All OSCAR content is expertly created and implemented by the team at Action Engineering, with over two decades of MBD experience. As a team, we can bridge the 3D Data gap to create a resilient manufacturing future. Are you ready? Let’s GO!