Empower your Model-Based Enterprise with OSCAR.
Action Engineering presents the Ontology System for CAD Reuse (just OSCAR to friends).
OSCAR is a curated MBE toolkit that comprises model-based training content and foundational CAD resources for your model-based journey.
Who is OSCAR for?
- MBD Leaders
- Design Engineers
- Manufacturing Engineers
- Quality Engineers
- Supply-Chain Leaders & Procurement Specialists
What can you do in OSCAR?
- Discover MBD through training videos
- Find related content on an MBD concept
- Refresh your MBD-related CAD skills
- Download CAD models with PMI
- Find practical guidance on MBD implementation
- Check CAD best practices & MBD standards
- Onboard new teams
|3D CIC Recordings|
|CAD Toolkit: Single CAD|
|CAD Toolkit: Multi-CAD|
|MBE Coaching Package|
As a leader in Model-Based Enterprise (MBE), you already know that Model-Based Definition (MBD) is the key to meeting your company’s time and quality goals and staying competitive in the market, but it’s not that simple. You have an entire organization to educate, train, refresh, and onboard. Conventional CAD training is inadequate, and skills degrade quickly when they’re not backed up by real-world practice.
OSCAR solves this problem by providing engaging MBD training backed up by expert MBD GD&T examples in native and neutral CAD. Users learn the what, why, and how of MBD; and they have the CAD templates to put that training to practical use.
Benefits of OSCAR
- Cost-efficient training. Video content is always available for discovery, refreshers, and onboarding.
- Compelling content for everyone. MBD is a cross-functional effort. Unlike traditional CAD training, OSCAR meets the needs of MBD consumers.
- MBD theory and CAD-specific practice. Learn Action Engineering’s CAD-agnostic methods, with practical guidance in your CAD system.
- CAD set-up guidance for MBD success. Foundational CAD templates and example models used to train MBD enable you to put training into practice today.
- Consistent, cohesive, trustworthy content. OSCAR was designed and curated to take the guesswork out of MBD. All content is based on Action Engineering’s years of experience empowering MBD adoption throughout organizations like yours.
- Expert coaching. For early subscribers, OSCAR includes an Action Engineering coaching package to support your MBD transformation.
Areas to Explore
- Video training courses for MBD authors and consumers
- Gold-standard CAD start parts in SWX, NX, and Creo
- MBD examples per ASME Y14.5-2018 as native CAD & 3D PDF
- 3D PDF templates
- MBD Guidelines established by Action Engineering experts
- Guidance for Agile MBD implementation
Video Training Topics
- MBD and MBE Overview
- MBD Standards
- MBD Verification & Validation
- MBD Philosophy
- How to Read MBD
- Single Source of Truth
- What Is a Derivative?
- Four Parts of MBD
- Why Agile and MBD
- Reviewing & Commenting 3D PDFs
- Authoring and Manufacturing Work Instructions
- Understanding the differences in 3D Product Definition, 3D Manufacturing Definition, and 3D Quality Data
- Adobe 3D PDF Settings and Basic Navigation
- Annotating Features of Size, GD&T Feature Control Frames, Presentation States, Associative Notes, and Plus-Minus Dimensions
- Introduction to Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing
- Limits of Size
- How the Geometric System Works
- Position Tolerancing and Verification
- Product Plans and Virtual Condition
CAD Toolkit–Model files for Creo, SOLIDWORKS, and NX
- Part and assembly templates (start parts)
- Part and assembly native CAD models to facilitate early learning.
- Real-world examples of 3D models in native, derivative, and viewable formats.
- All 3D models are authored by MBD GD&T experts and reflect the very latest ASME standards.
- Re-Use Your CAD: The Model-Based CAD Handbook, 2nd Edition (2021)
- Templates for Communication and Agile Ceremonies
- Action Engineering videos and publications