Purdue Digital Enterprise Center
3D CIC 2019 Event Sponsor
Purdue’s Digital Enterprise Center (DEC) is an interdisciplinary research center founded in the Department of Computer Graphics Technology in the Purdue Polytechnic Institute. It is located in the Indiana Manufacturing Institute in the Purdue University Research Park. The Center works in conjunction with the Indiana Manufacturing Competitiveness Center to operate a digital manufacturing research testbed. The Center fuses the talents and expertise of university faculty to serve as a resource for the manufacturing industry’s transformation to the digital enterprise and Industry 4.0. Through research and practice around the tools, processes, and information models used in digital manufacturing across the lifecycle, the Digital Enterprise Center draws industry and academia together to enhance manufacturing competitiveness.
The objectives of the Purdue Digital Enterprise Center are:
- Conducting research that promotes the digital transformation of the manufacturing sector, both in the U.S. and abroad.
- Promoting the evolution and use of model-based digital product data throughout the enterprise.
- Promoting the use and development of tools and practices that emphasize the concept of a “digital twin” for products.
- Promote the author/consumer communication model around the use of digital product data.
- Establishing industry partnerships that guide, support, and validate digital enterprise research and education activities.
- Enabling the creation of curriculum to support the next-generation manufacturing workforce.
- Enabling the adoption of digital enterprise methods and tools across industry sectors.
Dr. Nathan W. Hartman
Dauch Family Professor of Advanced Manufacturing and Department Head of Computer Graphics Technology
Director, Digital Enterprise Center
401 N. Grant Street
Knoy Hall, Room 363
West Lafayette, IN 47907 USA
email | website
The 3D Collaboration & Interoperability Congress (3D CIC) focuses on 3D CAD collaboration and interoperability for the entire product lifecycle. The 2019 theme of Trust Digital will bring together real users to share experiences. 3D CIC 2019 will be held October 7-11, 2019 at the Buffalo Rose in Golden, Colorado. Find out more and register for 3D CIC at 3dcic.com.