Purdue PLM Center
3D CIC + QIF Summit 2017 NX and SOLIDWORKS MBD User Groups Sponsor
The Product Lifecycle Management Center is an interdisciplinary research center at Purdue University. The center fuses the talents and resources of experts from the Purdue Polytechnic Institute, the colleges of Engineering and Science, and Krannert School of Management into a single focused entity to serve as an industry resource. Through high technology-readiness-level (TRL) research, training, and implementation of product lifecycle management, the center provides its partners in business and industry with knowledge and tools to improve their bottom line. Through the center, companies and employees have access to certificate programs in Product Lifecycle Management and Model-Based Definition. These programs provide instruction that bridges the gap between management’s strategy for PLM and software-specific training. The courses have been taken by employees of several companies, including Boeing, Caterpillar, Mitutoyo, and Booz Allen Hamilton. Participants who complete all modules receive continuing education credits. As a result of developing and deploying these programs, the PLM Center has also funded and architected a digital enterprise test bed that attempts to parallel industrial installations in its breadth off tools and hardware.
The objectives of the Purdue PLM Center of Excellence are:
- Conducting research that promotes PLM as a methodology and practice
- Establishing industry partnerships that guide, support, and validate PLM research and education activities
- Promoting the evolution and use of model-based digital product data
- Promoting the use and development of tools and practices that emphasize the concept of a digital twin for products
- Promoting the author/consumer communication model around the use of digital product data
- Assisting with the integration of PLM into curriculum
- Facilitating the pursuit of PLM career opportunities by Purdue graduates
- Enabling PLM adoption by industry
The 3D Collaboration & Interoperability Congress (3D CIC) featuring the Quality Information Symposium focuses on CAD collaboration and interoperability for the entire product lifecycle. With the 2017 theme of UNITE: Engineering & Shop Floor Collaboration, real users share their experiences with turning design concepts into manufacturing product reality using 3D models. The joint 3D CIC and QIF Symposium event will be held October 3-5, 2017 at the American Mountaineering Center in Golden, Colorado. Find out more and register for 3D CIC + QIF Summit at 3dcic.com.