The Action Engineering Strategic Program clarifies and accelerates your 3D data transformation.
We help you digitally connect your manufacturing lifecycle, by charting your 3D path from requirements through sustainment. Our strategic program comprises a four-step process: Ready, Set, Go, Grow which creates manufacturing resiliency tailored to the unique attributes of your company.
This simple framework organizes your 3D transformation initiative to keep you on track.
Where would you put your organization on our map? You might actually be in a different spot or lacking key steps to take your 3D transition to the next step.
Highlights of our approach:
- Journeying from a Proof of Concept to your first Pilot, and developing your future MBE Roadmap for success.
- It’s all about people! Adoption strategies to develop your mission, vision, and goals to scale 3D data transformation throughout your organization.
- Customized training & workshops teach MBD authors, leaders, and consumers of MBD data to maximize your adoption.
- Creating SOPs & guidelines to gain alignment so that MBD is applied consistently, repeatably, and sustainably.
- Mentoring, coaching, teaching, and leading community events to foster the future of MBD in all industries.
- Approaching 3D data transition with an Agile mindset & Scrum-based methods to continuously improve your ways of working.
~ READY ~
Assess Your Readiness
- Complete 3D Transformation Readiness Assessment
- Conduct Process and Software Tools Inventory
- Collaborate on Customized Business Case
In this foundational step, we determine your current state and identify business efficiencies using our proprietary 3D Transformation Readiness Assessment, which determines your readiness rating. The readiness rating process creates a starting point and a common ground for all teams involved to understand the scope, complexity, and benefits of your organization’s 3D Transformation initiative.
We outline your comprehensive business case with actionable steps for every stakeholder. And at the culmination of this step your teams will be empowered and equipped to implement the most efficient processes possible for your organization to maximize your investment.
Outcome: Understand the scope, complexity, and benefits of your use 3D data to be transformative.
Prove Your Case
- Visualize your products as 3D data
- Maximize 3D data for manufacturing using our software tools
- Benchmark Efficiencies with Your Data
In conjunction with the Readiness Assessment, we initiate the 3D Proof of Concept (POC) to help you prove your 3D case.
Working with your engineering team, we develop the “gold standard” for 3D GD&T and automated Bill of Materials (BOM) using your product’s data. We enhance one of your subassemblies with Model-Based Definition (MBD), so you can visualize and determine the true possibilities of an end-to-end, properly toleranced, standards-compliant scenario that leverages Model-Based Definition (MBD) concepts.
At the end of this phase, you will understand the possibilities of current technologies, the future state vision for your 3D transition, and gaps in existing tools, processes, and training that may not be immediately apparent. All without having to vet new software tools with IT, or train inexperienced PMI authors.
Outcome: Technically understand the look and feel of 3D data within the familiar context of your own products.
Form Your Team
- Set a Neuroscience-Based Organizational Change Foundation
- Empower Cross-Functional Ownership
- Refine Plan of Action for 3D Transformation
A complex change needs a team of champions that are allied on message and purpose. These champions are created throughout the organization by aligning a cross-functional team to lead your 3D data transformation.The pain points, inefficiencies, and inaccuracies of drawing-based systems are shared. We equip the team with new skills and vocabulary to advocate for and speak to the transition with a consistent approach.
Outcome: To establish a cross-functional team of champions and trained communicators who can enunciate and advocate for the 3D data transition.
Individual commitment to a group effort: That is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.
~ SET ~
Build Your Foundations
- Assess Supply Chain Readiness
- Interview Users and Stakeholders
- Identify Training Needs
- Create Communication Plan
3D data transformation succeeds when downstream users get the data they need, in the way that they need it. 3D data adoption strategies are not one-size-fits-all. We interview your downstream users and stakeholders (including suppliers) to customize your organization’s training and communication plans. By building a community of people whose voices are heard and needs are understood, your 3D transition can be smoother and more successful.
Outcome: Integrate your 3D data initiatives beyond Engineering/Product Design to improve 3D data processes and 3D data flow across your ecosystem.
Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before the defeat.Sun Tzu
Plan Your Rollout
- Establish Iterative Project Practices
- Establish a Range of Use-Case Scenarios
- Establish Metrics
- Develop Strategic Implementation Roadmap
- Plan Your Pilots
Ideas and revelations from previous steps materialize into your future state roadmap. We dive deeply into your budget and timeline through the lenses of iterative project practices, use-cases, metrics, strategic implementation, and pilots. You walk away with a specific plan of action to achieve your digital manufacturing goals.
Outcome: Bridge strategy and tactics to define your roadmap
People ignore design that ignores people.Frank Chimeno
- Enunciate New Processes
- Learn Tools and Standards
- Train Authors, Practitioners, and Conversers
The rubber meets the road in this stage to turn your digital goals into a competitive advantage. We establish iterative cycles to realize quick wins that accelerate your initiative. We identify and document new processes, modeling guidelines, tools, and cohort-based training. 3D software tool interoperability is front of mind as you begin to engage your supply chain.
Outcome: Implement repeatable, scalable practices to kickstart your sustainable digital manufacturing initiative.
~ GO ~
Pilot & Learn
- Test & Increment New Processes
- Write & Increment Your Modeling Standards
- Train Consumers and Engage Supply Chain
Revealing successes and improvements through a sequence of incremental pilots is the key to quick wins and stakeholder buy-in. Write and iterate modeling guidelines rooted in industry standards in conjunction with our expert coaching to launch your workforce into the future. Such learnings inform you to evolve and create new processes to make the very best of your tool and people investment. Our vetted training and expert coaching mature your 3D transformation.
Outcome: Reveal successes and gaps through evaluating pilots.
~ GROW ~
Scale & Expand
- Amplify Stakeholder Communications
- Expand Pilot Complexities
- Scale Training
- Refine Tools
- Practice, Reflect, and Adapt
From digital twin, to smart manufacturing, to Industry 4.0, integrating 3D digital data across your organization happens iteratively through practice and feedback. Action Engineering guides your 3D data scaling with our technological and social science expertise. Stakeholder input, communications, and socialization (at user and leadership levels) are critical for sustaining the MBD culture and mindset. We build on experience and previous learnings to amplify your stakeholder’s needs, expand pilot complexity, increase an upskilled workforce, and refine your software toolkit to fully realize your potential ROI while maintaining your competitive advantage.
Outcome: Expand 3D digital adoption throughout your enterprise.
Let’s schedule a time to talk about your MBE needs and how we can help you achieve 3D data transition success.