The Action Engineering Strategic Program clarifies and accelerates your 3D data transformation.
We help you digitally connect your manufacturing lifecycle, by charting your 3D path from requirements through sustainment. Our strategic program comprises a four-step process: Ready, Set, Go, Grow which creates manufacturing resiliency tailored to the unique attributes of your company.
This simple framework organizes your 3D transformation initiative to keep you on track.
Where would you put your organization on our map? You might actually be in a different spot or lacking key steps to take your 3D transition to the next step.
Highlights of our approach:
- Journeying from a Proof of Concept to your first Pilot, and developing your future MBE Roadmap for success.
- It’s all about people! Adoption strategies to develop your mission, vision, and goals to scale 3D data transformation throughout your organization.
- Customized training & workshops teach MBD authors, leaders, and consumers of MBD data to maximize your adoption.
- Creating SOPs & guidelines to gain alignment so that MBD is applied consistently, repeatably, and sustainably.
- Mentoring, coaching, teaching, and leading community events to foster the future of MBD in all industries.
- Approaching 3D data transition with an Agile mindset & Scrum-based methods to continuously improve your ways of working.
~ READY ~
Assess Your Readiness
- Complete 3D Transformation Readiness Assessment
- Conduct Process and Software Tools Inventory
- Collaborate on Customized Business Case
In this foundational step, we determine your current state and identify business efficiencies using our proprietary 3D Transformation Readiness Assessment, which determines your readiness rating. The readiness rating process creates a starting point and a common ground for all teams involved to understand the scope, complexity, and benefits of your organization’s 3D Transformation initiative.
At the culmination of this phase, you will have your comprehensive business case outlining actionable steps for each team involved. Your teams will be empowered and equipped to implement the most efficient processes possible for your organization to maximize your investment.
Outcome: Understand the scope, complexity, and benefits of your MBE initiative.
Prove Your Case
- Visualize your products as 3D data
- Maximize 3D data for manufacturing using our software tools
- Benchmark Efficiencies with Your Data
In conjunction with the Readiness Assessment, we initiate the 3D Proof of Concept (POC) to help you prove your 3D case.
Working with your engineering team, we develop the “gold standard” for MBD and GD&T with your data. An actual subassembly produced by your organization will be used to visualize and determine the true possibilities of an end-to-end, properly toleranced, standards-compliant MBD scenario.
At the end of this phase, you will understand the possibilities of current technologies, the future state vision for MBD, and gaps in existing MBD tools, processes, and training that may not be immediately apparent. All without having to get new software tools vetted with IT, or train inexperienced PMI authors.
Outcome: Technically understand MBD within the familiar context of your own data.
Form Your Team
- Set a Neuroscience-Based Organizational Change Foundation
- Empower Cross-Functional Ownership
- Refine Plan of Action for 3D Transformation
A complex change needs a team of champions that are allied on message and purpose. By aligning a cross-functional team to lead the MBD transition, these champions are created throughout the organization. The pain points, inefficiencies, and inaccuracies of drawing-based systems are shared. The team is equipped with new skills and vocabulary to advocate for and speak to the transition with a consistent approach.
Outcome: To establish a cross-functional team of MBD champions and trained communicators who can enunciate and advocate for the MBD transition.
Individual commitment to a group effort: That is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.
~ SET ~
Build Your Foundations
- Assess Supply Chain Readiness
- Interview Users and Stakeholders
- Identify Training Needs
- Create Communication Plan
Ideas and revelations from previous steps materialize into your future state MBE roadmap. We dive deeply into MBD budget and timeline through the lenses of people & culture, MBD processes, MBD technology (tools), and MBD modeling guidelines. We delve into pilot planning, tool architecture, stakeholders, training, coalition building, risk analysis, and use cases. You walk away with a specific plan of action to achieve your MBE goals.
Outcome: Bridge strategy and tactics to define your MBE roadmap
Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before the defeat.Sun Tzu
Plan Your Rollout
- Establish Iterative Project Practices
- Establish a Range of Use-Case Scenarios
- Establish Metrics
- Develop Strategic Implementation Roadmap
- Plan Your Pilots
MBD succeeds when downstream MBD users get the data they need, in the way that they need it. MBD adoption strategies are not one-size-fits-all. We interview your downstream MBD users (including suppliers) to customize the MBD training and communication plans that unlock your MBD potential. By building a community of people whose voices are heard and needs are understood, your MBD transition can be smoother and more successful.
Outcome: Integrate your MBE initiative beyond Engineering/Product Design to improve MBD processes and 3D data flow across your ecosystem.
People ignore design that ignores people.Frank Chimeno
- Enunciate New Processes
- Learn Tools and Standards
- Train Authors, Practitioners, and Conversers
This is where the rubber meets the road to turn your MBE goals into a competitive advantage. We establish iterative cycles to realize quick wins for your MBE initiative. We identify and document new MBD processes, modeling guidelines, and tools. We focus on cohort-based training, 3D software tool interoperability, supply chain readiness, and custom MBD modeling guidelines that align with industry standards. Action Engineering collaborates with your team to set MBE requirements and break down the work into actionable tasks.
Outcome: Implement repeatable, scalable practices for your MBE initiative.
~ GO ~
Pilot & Learn
- Test & Increment New Processes
- Write & Increment Your Modeling Standards
- Train Consumers and Engage Supply Chain
Revealing MBD successes and gaps through an MBD pilot implementation is the key to quick wins and stakeholder buy-in. Learnings and new MBD processes are documented to improve MBD technology (tools) functionality and MBD modeling guidelines to mature your MBD implementation. Training and coaching occur throughout the pilot implementation.
Outcome: Reveal MBD successes and gaps through small-scale MBD pilots.
~ GROW ~
Scale & Expand
- Amplify Stakeholder Communications
- Expand Pilot Complexities
- Scale Training
- Refine Tools
- Practice, Reflect, and Adapt
Integrating MBE across your organization happens iteratively through practice and feedback. We build on previous learnings to expand pilots, training, and tools to fully realize your potential ROI from MBD. Action Engineering guides your MBD scaling with our technological and social science expertise. Stakeholder input, communications, and socialization (at user and leadership levels) are critical for sustaining the MBD culture and mindset.
Outcome: Expand MBD adoption throughout your enterprise.
Let’s schedule a time to talk about your MBE needs and how we can help you achieve 3D data transition success.